Sodium dichloroisocyanurate (SDIC) is a chemical compound used as disinfectant, biocide, industrial deodorant and detergent. It is found in some newer water purification tablets/filters. It is more efficient than formerly used water disinfectant. Mechanism of action is the release of chlorine in low concentrations by constant rate.
1) Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate (SDIC) is widely applied for the sterilization of swimming pool and drinking water;
2) Fighting against infectious diseases;
3) Act as disinfectant in raising silkworm, livestock, poultry and fish;
4) Other applications of SDIC are found in wool shrinkage, textile bleaching, and industrial circulating water cleaning;
5) SDIC is normally supplied in powder and granular, tablets are also available on request. Stabilised chlorine granular (dichlor) are used very widely to chlorinate swimming pool water.